Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Near and Yet so Far


Why does the bubble always burst

Why does the sun always go down

Why does my heart’s deepst desire remain so

Always in the end.

Why is the world favourable to some

And doesn’t give a shit for the rest

Why do I sometimes feel they have it all

While I just cannot pass the test

Oh alas for my woeful wondering

Alas that I thought of capability

For now I know that I fare but nought

In this sea of acceptability

Oh yes my heart reaches out to me

And I feel for the first time to cry

And breaks the pride I kept so long

Of being happy in being I

For all I dreamt has remained a dream

My thoughts, ideas have betrayed me

Lost have I my treasured possessions

And they now reach out to all but me

I am good but never enough

I am there yet not here

I finish the journey but do not reach the destine

Why oh why I often despair

And I sink down into my reverie

My despondence my solitude... you may even call it self pity

But I feel now what I always knew

For its so near, and yet so far.

No comments: