Monday, January 12, 2009

A Cradle of Joy

Oh isn’t it heavenly

To just lie around doing nothing

To open the door each morning

And gaze out just dreaming

The freedom, the bliss

The escape from the daily prison

The useless talks and pointless discussions

The idiotic, foolish friendly missions

Often I wonder if time was meant to be

Wasted, killed and spent

On the sheer vagaries

of a life well misspent

And strengthened is my belief

When I see people working

And sweating profusely just to

Get 5 minutes for breathing

And my mind wonders

Why not just breathe

Why not just stop the labour

Why not just be

Oh darn you people

I do not preach

My life is mine not yours

I feel and hence speak

Counsel not I idleness

For that I detest

But what I ask for

Is a pure and complete recess

A time without work

A time without worries

A time without tension

And the days hurrys

A time to lie down

A time to look back

And froth and decide

To just pause take a nap

Oh life was meant fellow beings

To be a cradle of joy

A bundle of happiness

A time to enjoy

But we have made it hell

And burdened our own selves

With pressures and stresses

Of worthless things and sadness as well

Take a deep breath

Go out and enjoy

And the world will be your oyster my boy

And a cradle of joy!


Ab this is a slight departure from generally senti wenti poems... But i felt that the blog needed something like this too. And more importantly I needed something like this too!

Yesterday i was sitting idle after like 2 weeks. What with hockey practices, lawn tennis practices, parliamentary s, arbit dancing and not to mention 8-5 college I had absolutely no time to sit down and chill... Yesterday jab sab kuch khatam ho gaya toh i just sat down in my room with music on at full volume... Just sat doing nothing. And tabhi i was struck with the intuition to write. And the result is in front of you.

Acccording to my friend Sabu it sounds like a typical "Class 5th English Reader poem"! Well thanks man... I feel delighted that i can still write for children. I have always loved childhood... and being linked with it gives me great joy!


Moreover I think this poem applies to my blog(and hence my feelings) too... Off late I have been too emotionally an dphysically stressed out. that's why my blog reflects emotional, heavy duty poems.
So its time for something which is cool, relaxing.... and a cradle of joy!!!

:)


Anant Vidur Puri

No comments: