Saturday, March 14, 2009

An Ode to Friendship... and acting Agony Aunt!!!


Whenever I look back and see
The pain in my neck from turning is reduced
Not by Crocin, not by moov
But always by you

Its been you who has been there to catch
Every bit of me that crumbles
Its been you who’s been ready to comfort
Every bit of me that’s sad

And though like a comedy of errors by Priyadarshan
My life has skipped, kippered and bounced along
Its been you who’s been ready to listen
All the idiosyncracies in my life abound

The first time when I messed it up,
The second time when I almost made it
And the third the fourth and nth time
Until now when I have to some extent succeeded
Yeah its you who I have to thank

And though life’s taken us apart to diff cities
Though today your phone no longer buzzes
Trust me friend my heart still yearns
For those incredible missed calls

Never will I forget those times
Those memorable,loveable days
When the heart was young, the mind innocent
And mom’s phone hip hip hurray

Oh stay with me they will forever
Those times we spent together
And stay with will also forever
Your caring words, your advice and parents’ terror


This poem is a heartfelt vote of thanks to all my friends(they know who they are!! ) who have suffered my incessant dose of relationship FAQs... here’s to you guys...hoping you’ll always be there for my kaands!!! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

chaapa!! achcha likha hai....

AVP said...

thanks jyoti...
keep returning

.... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.... said...

nice....

meenal