Friday, July 24, 2015

On Illness

I feel ill, I am so unwell
Please go and see, someone rang the bell

There's someone to see you, something urgent she said
Ask her to wait a while, I will take time to get out of bed

My eyes are watery, my neck is sore
My body aches, ah I can't take this anymore

She's saying she can't wait, its not in her nature
Ask her to come again I would, but she doesn't believe in the future

Oh! who is this rascal, who wont let me sleep
Who is this menace who wants to see me weep

Let her go, let her run, let her show us her back
I need to get well, I can't get off track

I sent her off, she wasn't upset
She left a card, said you shouldn't fret

Oh such a nice lady, I cursed her - oh such vice
'Hi my name is opportunity, I don't knock twice'

I feel ill, I am so unwell
Why don't I go and see, someone rang the bell.

No comments: